Saturday, February 04, 2012

Vacation 2011/2012!

Oh blog, how I have neglected you, but no more. Starting today, things will be updated! . . . in a somewhat hasty and rushed manner. I got a ton of stuff, so most of it will just be using the whole "picture and a caption" format. I'll try to keep things in chronological order so that you can get some semblance of a story out of it.

So, before I could embark on Vacation 2011/2012!, I had to go through the Makassar airport first. It is the airport that is located on my island. Well, one of them, but it is the one I use. IT is a long and treacherous 6 hour drive to get there on dangerous and perilous roads that go this way and that through backwater Indonesia. When you finally get to the airport, it is. . . well, it is actually really freakin' nice. Here are some pictures to prove it.


The airport has windows!
After peeling my eyes away from the majestic window, I went and got some frozen yogurt. I liked the cow pattern decor.

Then I had to do the awkward task of taking my tray and finding a place to sit. . . oh wait, I'm not in high school anymore, that's no longer awkward.

I don't even know what kind of pattern that is supposed to be on those lights, but I took a picture anyways. Now that I think about it, that is probably why I took a picture.

Yes, this is exactly what restaurants in Toraja look like. They really manage to capture that authentic feel.

There were people in the airport who were not me, as evidenced by this picture.

Woah, a Christmas tree. It even wished me a merry Christmas. Soooo politically incorrect.

Some type of culture thing. I had no idea what it was. One of those things you just feel obligated to take a picture of but have no idea why.

Signs that point me in the direction of the nearest toilet never fail to make me feel at ease.

So I took another picture of it.

And then there was a boat in the airport. Silly boat, this place is for planes.

So shops that sell really expensive things. 

And here you have some stairs. I salute those brave few who did not feel the need to conform and take the escalator. 

That cultural thing again. (look, it was a long wait and I was bored)

They quarantine the people about to leave behind these glass walls. I joined their ranks eventually.

Some other highlights from that day:
  • meet some college students on vacation from Auburn
  • tried to get into the lounge for free because they had a special for BNI card holders. Turns out debit cards don't count. (they be hatin')
  • My principal brought me to the city, because he had a flight a few hours before mine. Saved me a bus ticket.


No comments: