Saturday, February 04, 2012

Chris and Lisa's wedding

Not me mind you. I have no plans for holding a wedding anytime soon. I'm quite broke right about now and those things are not free. Chris is an old buddy of mine who I met while studying aboard in China. He was a Chinese teacher from New Zealand on a program to become even better at Chinese; I was a college kid with no idea what he wanted to do in life. How we ended in the same tiny little school in the same tiny little town will forever be a mystery to be, but I'm glad it happened as he is totally cool, as evidenced by him inviting me to his wedding. He even asked me to be the MC! It was kinda scary, but people said I did a good job and looked like they appreciated my work, so that made me happy. The whole being in New Zealand bit only contributed to my being happy.

This was the venue. It was really nice. 

I also helped set up the event some. It made me feel helpful and put me back in touch with my catering roots. 

There was a nice restaurant at the nice venue. The whole thing was very nice.

I'm assuming the people at the nice restaurant at the nice venue were nice too, but I don't know for sure.

A boat! Gotta love boats.

I have no idea what this is, but it looked nice.

Some nice flowers

And some nice chairs by the nice gate. . . alright, the chairs were not that nice, but still worth a photo.

There were pictures before the actual wedding. I'm not sure if it was polite for me to take this one. Anyone who knows me knows my policy on rudeness. . . ah well, too late now.

A bridesmaid. She was the bride's sister. . . I think.

There is the bride with her brother. . . looking all bride-like. (the bride was looking all bride-like, not the brother)

Reading of scripture. It was very fitting and beautiful.

Something was going on here. I can't remember what though.

Then there were the rings. 

And then they cut the cake in the most adorable manner possible. Look at how adorable they look.

Then things stopped being adorable and got awkward pretty fast.

The cake was heavenly. I wanted to eat more but that would have been rude.

There were pictures of family as decoration. It was a nice touch.

Woooo! I made the list! That's me right there. . . man I look different. . .

No comments: