Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sydney Opera House

Alright, enough with New Zealand already. Now we talk about Australia! Sydney to be specific. So, the whole reason for me wanting to go to Australia was pretty much because I saw a picture of the Opera House a long long time ago when I was a wee little lad and I said to myself: "I must go there!" So a couple years later (and a couple thousand dollars later too for that matter) I was in Sydney looking at it! The real thing! Not some picture! Not some souvenir sculpture! The real thing! And get this! Not only was I looking at the real thing! I was holding in my hand a ticket to see the Australian Philharmonic play! Yeah, that's right. Be jealous.

Wooooo! I don't even know what is going on in this picture. I was too happy to frame things properly at that moment in time.

Then I decided to try and get a better picture. The thing about the Opera House is that because of it's unique shape, it is actually pretty hard to photograph. It is just sooo unlike anything else you have ever taken a picture of.

And here is the program that I paid 5 dollars for. I now use it as a mouse pad back at my site.

There was this really fancy restaurant there. Too fancy for me to eat there, so I just took a picture.

There is the Harbor Bridge. I had no idea it existed before getting to Sydney, but apparently it is just as iconic as the Opera House. Whatever, it was not some bridge I spent my childhood fantasizing about seeing.

Then I tried to get a even better picture. I don't think I succeeded. 

You can see the botanical gardens from the Opera House.

And the ocean too!

There were lots of tall buildings in Sydney. Sooo not like my site.

I asked a security person to take this picture of me. He looked like he had been asked that question too many times in his lifetime. I kinda felt bad afterwards. (this picture does not convey the badness I felt afterwards)

There was also an obligatory bar that sold overpriced drinks.

A statue of someone I don't know, but I imagine he is important.

Ooooo, pipes.

I don't know what those are. Must be something to be with the acoustics.

This was the view of the stage from my seat! Oh yeah, I had a great view of those speakers.

And there is me in the FRONT ROW OF THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE! The over requested security person did not take this picture, mind you.

No comments: