Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lugeing

After a few days in Auckland, Chris took me to Rotorua. Rotorua is a cool place. It was built around this huge volcanic crater that has filled in with rain water. Also, the whole town smells like sulfuric. That is how you know you are in for an authentic town-built-around-a-volcanic-crater experience. 

I did lots of other stuff in Rotorua, but I'm too lazy to post about those, so you will just have to go to my Picasa and make up silly captions for the pictures on your own. As for what I am posting about, why that would be the day I went lugeing. The name is totally awkward, but the fun is totally real. Basically, you get this little seat on wheels thingy and then they set you on this downhill course. Then you go "weeeeee" all the way down. When you get to the bottom, you get on the lift and get back in line and then do it again. So much fun. So much more fun then all the hiking and sight seeing everyone kept nagging me to do.

We ate at the restaurant with the great view, but we did not buy our own food. Haha! We are too smart for that nonsense.

Then you do something like this. There were many courses to choose from. I skipped the beginner ones and went for the advance ones, because I live life on the edge.

Then you take one of these lift things back up to the top.

And then you go back down!

Some more slowly that others. (HaHa!, Chris got left behind)

Look at these people who think that they are too cool for us!

But we did not care, because we knew that we were the coolest. I mean, just look at the picture. Is that not the epitome of cool?

Yeah, the view was really nice, like most everywhere in New Zealand.

No comments: