Saturday, February 04, 2012

One tree hill

Not the lame t.v show. I've never actually seen the show, but it sounds totally lame. Therefore I will dedicate my life to hating on it. I don't deal well with things that I hear are lame. Anyways, this is a hill in Auckland. There are many many hills in Auckland for that matter, which is awesome because you can go up these things and get a great view of the city.

The story of this hill is that there used to be one tree on it. It was a tree that was very important the the Maori people. Anyways, one thing lead to another and Maori/European relations got so bad that some Maori dude cut down the tree in anger. He must have been really angry. I would not want to mess with that dude. Him and that bird eating a spicy chicken sandwich. I'm staying away from those two.

And here is the hill. (These trees are not the one tree by the way)

Some kind of monument thing. These things were explained to me but I can't really remember them. I had just gotten to this new country and every thing was confusing to me.

It was really pretty.

A husky! Yay! I love huskies!

Ooooo, dramatic.

 
And there was an archer below us. 

There is the city of Auckland

And here is where the one tree used to be, before it was cut down in a fit of rage.

The huge sailboat was huge.

I think the sheep are trying to communicate with us.

Chris and Chris

No comments: