Friday, December 16, 2011

"Could you please come to school? Some students want to ask you about the Words Competition."

Turns out those kids had no intention what so ever of asking me about the Words Competition. To side track for a little bit, the Words Competition is an event hosted by my bosses to bring kids from all over Indonesia together for a performance competition. Anyways, what those kids did want was to give me a SURPRISE BIRTHDAY! It was totally nice of them. How nice of them you ask? Well look at the pictures bellow. 
That is me in the red. You know it is me because I'm right behind the cake, as is fitting for the birthday boy.

Me using them food service skills to expertly cut the cake.

PERFECT CUTTING!!!

Photographing a photographer. That is meta, yo.

Look at me still going at it! Nothing can distract me from my skillful slicing.

You know, these really are not my students. They are the grade 11 kids who frequent English Club. 

Finally I take my eyes off the cake.

Awwww, adorable.

So clique. Tsk tsk.

Students. . . doing student things. I guess.

I teach at a very classy school.

Ummm, I don't know. I did not take these pictures by the way.

Look at how well I cut those slices.

Final picture before leaving.

I did the Indonesian thing and took my present home before opening it.

What could it be!?!?!

A BOX! . . .but what is inside the box?

It is a shirt! I think my kids are trying to tell me something.

The next day I wake up and find another present on my doorstep. It made me even more happy, but I did not take pictures of it. Use your imagination. Just know that it was awesome.

No comments: