Monday, August 22, 2011

My site!

Traveled a lot, was at site for a week, things worth noting:

  • I stayed at a hotel and played lots of Bananagrams
  • I came really close to getting my visa, but the computer refused to acknowledge the bajillion pictures they took of me
  •  My students where scared to talk to me. . . until I mentioned that I listen to K-pop. Then they just exploded with questions and all wanted to have their picture with me.
  • Got mobbed by high school girls at a Independence day celebration event, who also all wanted pictures
  • My counterpart is so good at chess that his 4 year old son can beat the computer on a consistant basis
  • There is a beach with beautiful sapphire blue water very close to, and plenty of restaurants along the shore 
  • My house is about as big as the place I shared with two other people last year
  • The town sells razors, but no shaving cream.

2 comments:

Lilunsummoner said...

Dude you are like away doing things. Hope things continue to go well and that you have fun doing said things. And you will have lots of pictures and they like that u like kpop, lol. Enjoy yourself man.

Jonthon said...

The lack of shaving cream is a little amusing, right? I guess Indos are immune to razor burn because they listen to so much KPop, maybe? =P