Sunday, August 28, 2011

lol, they told me to be prepared for hardship. . .

So yeah, this past week I have been in a luxurious hotel with everything either provided for or taken care of. About the hardest thing I have had to face this week is that the internet is a little slower than I'm used to it being. YouTube videos don't load instantly. . . actually, that is a problem. I should complain to the embassy.

But seriously, my dirty laundry comes back all nice and pressed. They even hang it up in the closet for me. It is cute to see the care they put into a t-shirt I bought at Target. They make my bed for me every morning. I probably have forgotten how to make my own bed by now, but I'm sure it will come back to me. "Like riding a bike," I was told, to which I responded "yeah, but riding a bike is fun." I get a buffet breakfast every morning. Freshly made omeletes, noodle soup, fresh fruit, fried noodles, french toast. . .you know, the usual.

However, the thing I love most about this hotel: not having to share the room with 3 other open weight rowers. Nothing against you guys, but I really do like rolling around my bed without fear of being the butt of homo-erotic jokes.

1 comment:

Lilunsummoner said...

Haha, glad to hear things are going well for you man. Hope you continue to enjoy yourself there. And yes you should complain about the internet, you need your youtube instantly. lmao. SO enjoy your time there man